Below are the dates for Chromebook collection:
• Monday, May 15th: 12th grade Chromebooks will be collected in the cafeteria during Homeroom
• Tuesday, May 16th: 9th grade/10th Grade Chromebooks will be collected in the cafeteria during Homeroom
• Wednesday, May 17th: 10th grade/11th Grade Chromebooks will be collected in the cafeteria during Homeroom
Thursday, May 18th: last Day to turn in Chromebooks during their assigned lunch period. This will be the FINAL chance for students to return a Chromebook without being issued a fine!
The DCSD User Agreement outlines the expectations for Chromebook assignment. Below are consequences for students who do not return their Chromebook, Laptop Bag AND Charger:
1. Students who do not return their Chromebook, Laptop Bag and Charger will be fined ($359.77 - $381.95) the replacement cost of the device based on the student/parent DCSD User Agreement.
2. Seniors who have outstanding fines will not be able to participate in senior activities nor graduation exercises.
3. Students who do not return a Chromebook, Laptop Bag, or Charger and who do not pay outstanding fines ($359.77 - $381.95) will NOT be issued a Chromebook for the 23-24 school year.
Damaged, Lost or Stolen Chromebooks
1. Damaged Chromebooks may incur a fine ($359.77 - $381.95).
2. Lost Chromebooks will incur a fine ($359.77 - $381.95).
3. Stolen Chromebooks: Must have a police report on file 678-676-1810. A fine ($359.77 - $381.95) may be incurred.
We appreciate your support in encouraging your students to return their Chromebook on the appropriate date. If you have additional DCSD devices at home (including other Chromebooks, Charger, Laptop Bags or Hot Pots), please return them on your assigned day.
More information regarding Chromebook Collection can be found at https://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/digital-dreamers/.